So not too long ago I launched another contest, this one rather spontaneous and impromptu based on something asinine SJ over at Snobbery had alerted me to that day. (Thanks, SJ!) Lots of people entered with truly inane contributions, some of them more than one. Yay!
So now it’s time for you to vote on the following entries to my Silliest Thing You’ve Ever Heard Contest, and the winner of the most votes will be offered a guest blog spot on Sappho’s Torque this summer! (Details to be negotiated with the winner at a later time.) If you want to read the original posts from participants in this contest, just click on the link above, in this paragraph, and read the comments section of the original post. (You can find working links to some of the entries there as well, in case the ones in the poll itself don’t work for you.)
You may vote every day if you like. Be sure to tell others about this incredibly unscientific poll as well. I look forward to finding out who wins! The poll closes in one week.
In fulfillment of this award, there are some things I must do. First, proudly display my award badge, which I will do here:
Next, I must answer the following questions:
What is your third favourite colour?
Would you rather be: a Jedi, a Pokemon Master or a Wizard/Witch? Choose ONE.
Who is your favourite Doctor?
Can you whistle?
Would you name your child Sirius Albus?
What is the answer to Life, the Universe and Everything?
Do you own a lawnmower?
Do you think Legolas is a (very pretty) pansy?
What’s the trashiest thing you’ve read in the last year? Should we cover it for Trashy Tuesday?
My answers are below.
Next, I must announce my winners and pass them on to my Top 5 Commenters. However, since the directive of the original award is to “spread it around like Nutella” and some of my commenters are tied for frequency, I’m giving it to more than five people. Lucky them! They are (drumroll…)
1. Cindy and Seema tied for 1st place
2. Kara in 2nd place
3. Alanna, LouAnne, and Peggy tied for 3rd place
Now, this award is all about frequency. Please rest assured that all my commenters are awesome in terms of quality! And if you weren’t named this time for the award, you definitely have the chance to participate more on the blog to increase your chances for next time. (wink, wink, nudge, nudge)
So winners, please answer the questions! You may do so in the comments here, so that we can all enjoy them, or if you have blogs of your own, please pay this award forward there and link back to this post. (It’s just good for your karma to do so, and you know it.)
To set a shining example, I will now answer these difficult questions to the best of my ability. Enjoy.
1. My third favorite color is emerald green.
2. What would I rather be? It’s a very tough choice between a wizard/witch and a Jedi, but I think I’m going to have to go with Jedi Knight. I once dressed up as one for work — I teach in a high school — for a themed costume day. The theme was “Come Dressed As What You Want To Be When You Grow Up,” and when I was a kid, Jedi was high on my list. My costume was awesome.
3. My favorite Doctor is probably David Tenant because I like his other work. Sadly, I missed the boat on Doctor Who decades ago and have only a fleeting familiarity with it. Heresy, I know, and I hope you will all forgive me this severe cultural transgression.
4. I cannot whistle and am thus an embarrassment to my family and to my species in general.
5. I would name my child Sirius Albus if his father were Harry Potter. Beyond that, this is an exclusively theoretical question, so I’ll just say, sure. Why not.
6. 42. This one’s almost too easy. RIP Douglas Adams, you betoweled hoopy frood extraordinaire.
7. I own a lawnmower in the sense that my husband has one, and what’s his is mine and what’s mine is his. But you’re not likely to see me lay a finger upon said lawnmower, unless it needs to be moved from behind my car before I back out of the driveway because my husband left it there. Reciprocally, my husband has a collection of absolutely exquisite hats he wouldn’t touch with a thirty-nine-and-a-half-foot pole. I like to wear them when I go out for tea.
8. Yup, I sure do. Please observe this photograph from very shortly before Peter Jackson’s first LotR movie came out, of my darling husband who is as unpansyish as a man can get and still be intellectual and liberal, and of his cat who is no longer with us. For further evidence of his unpansyishness, see the note about the hats, above.
9. Although there’s a tough competition between this and any of the Sookie Stackhouse novels, I think the trashiest thing I’ve read lately must be A Hunger Like No Other by Kresley Cole. Please feel free to cover it for Trashy Tuesday. I’m not sure I could do it TT justice myself, although I might blog about it at some point in the future. I promise, I do read quality stuff, too, most of the time! In fact, Cole’s book really didn’t have much competition here.
So that’s all! Have a good week. Award winners, comment here with your answers and demonstrate just how awesome you are, and how sincerely you deserve this award!