A little over a year ago, I earned a Best Commenter Award from the lovely SJ and Meg over at Snobbery. It was a delightful moment because I hadn’t been part of the blogosphere long but felt like I had, at least, done something useful enough to connect with other people. And without a doubt, connections with other people, especially writers and avid readers, has been one of the best parts about having a blog. I have loved that.
Anyway, I thought this concept was fun and paid the award forward, as I was supposed to do, and it occurred to me that I could continue having a Best Commenter Awards recognition on my own blog regularly. I don’t know how often it will be — annual? semi-annual? quarterly? — but I’ve come up with my own badge and my own set of interview questions (with SJ’s blessing, since the format, though not its content, is shamelessly stolen from Snobbery’s awards).
So here’s how this works: I will list the award recipients below along with the interview the recipients are asked answer. We at Sappho’s Torque love and appreciate all our commenters, and winning this most excellent honor is based, very simply, on how much one participates in this blog. All recipients should please answer the interview questions in the comments section of this post, then post the Best Commenter Awards on their blogs and choose their top 5 commenters to pass the honor and the interview along to, if they so choose, and thanks for playing. (If they do not so choose, well, boo. Frowny face.)
So without further ado, here they are!
Our top 5 commenters (and their blogs, because this time the top 5 are all bloggers as well) are…
And here are the interview questions:
- What was the first food you ever learned how to make?
- What’s your favorite movie, and why?
- Do you own a melon baller?
- DC or Marvel or indie?
- If you had the time to be a novelist, would you want to be?
- What’s your favorite fashion accessory? Would you be interested in sharing it with us on a Fashion Friday post?
- What is the best book you’ve ever read that you really didn’t enjoy while you were reading it?
- What are you listening to today?
- Do you remember when and how you first discovered Sappho’s Torque? Will you please tell us the story?
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- What’s your preferred variety of Munchkin card?
- Complete this lyric: “If I had $1,000,000, I would buy you…”
And that’s it! Have a good weekend.