So this week the delightful SJ over at Snobbery named me as a recipient of the Beautiful Blogger Award. Wheee! How cool is that?? (Thank you, SJ!) You should all check out her blog, which is really entertaining, and which is actually created by two people, SJ and Meg (whose illustrations are absolutely top-notch). Among some of the great stuff they churn out is a regular column called Trashy Tuesday, in which they (usually SJ) sacrifice their time and mental energy to read and review in detail terrible books so we can feel sanguine about not getting around to reading those things ourselves. May I never find one of my books on their docket. 😉 I fell in love with the posts when SJ reviewed the Mortal Instruments series. If Snobbery hadn’t already won this award, I’d be sending it their way this time, too.
Apparently the criteria for the Beautiful Blogger Award are open to interpretation. Perfect. 🙂
Now, a few simple rules come with this award, all of the pay-it-forward variety. Here they are:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award.
Thank you again, SJ! 🙂
2. Paste the award on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for the award.
It’s up there. Way back up at the top.
4. Nominate up to 7 other bloggers.
5. Post links to the (up to) 7 blogs you nominated.
And here we go…
MY NOMINATIONS FOR THE BEAUTIFUL BLOGGER AWARD (in virtual-drumroll-accompanied alphabetical order)…..
1. The Airborne Timeline — The new blog of a first lieutenant in the US Army, who is on her first deployment. She left last week. She’s in Afghanistan. I suspect this blog may be updated catch-as-catch-can, but I guarantee she’s a really good writer, and I’m expecting this will be well worth the effort.
2. The Byronic Man — This blog makes me laugh like few ever have. I kind of want to take a sabbatical just so I can peruse the archives.
3. Deidra Alexander — Her introduction line says, “I have people to kill, lives to ruin, plagues to bring, and worlds to destroy. I am not the Angel of Death. I’m a fiction writer.” I think that about says it all. I’ve never been disappointed when visiting here.
4. Lone Star Squared — Here’s the blog of one of my former students, Rachel Rosenthal, who’s currently studying abroad, writing about her experiences with immense passion and joy.
5. Paula Billups Art — This blog follows the work and art of painter and art teacher Paula Billups. She is also very talented. I have a few of her paintings in my humble collection. We have little hangable wall space in our house, and she totally makes the cut.
6. Stay-at-Home Economist — Dr. Margo Bergman explains in accessible terms the intricacies of the PPACA, as well as blogging about other Rather Important Things. And she’s the mom of The Rhyser and Professor X.
7. you do doodle too — This is a charming blog about all kinds of things meaningful and domestic which really drive home the idea that the Human Condition is something to be cherished. Especially when it manifests in such graceful ways as stories about our kids and the fun things we do with them.
Ta-da! 🙂 That was fun. It must be noted that there are many other blogs out there which I enjoy very much, and if the BBA or some other appropriate opportunity comes around my way again, they will be on my list to share with you.
Now that you’ve had a chance to see all these other cool blogs and know how much I esteem them, please take a click-trip on over to my most recent poetry contest, which is closing this weekend. Read the entries so far and even throw your metaphorical hat into the proverbial ring, should the Muse descend. Have a great week!